Thursday, October 13, 2011

Vegan MoFo #13: Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge 2011



I’m so excited! And I just can’t hide it! *happy dance* Ok, that’s enough of that. That song is just cheezy. If you are picturing me dancing around to that song, please stop. That’s just embarrassing. Plus I’m sitting down to write this so any dancing is more like head bobbing and hip rolling. Maybe that’s not any better. Plus now that song is in my head. Dammit.
Why the sudden 80’s flashback of excitement? I just found out about this special event in Sacramento in which participating restaurants will be preparing special vegan menus for the entire month of October.  Most of these restaurants are not vegan (or even vegetarian) and neither are the chefs but they’re giving it a go! Sounds awesome right? More info HERE and HERE. Maybe the head bobbing doesn’t seem so silly now, eh?

Bonus points that this is happening during Vegan MoFo! I will be visiting as many of these restaurants as I can and posting my reviews on this here blog. Expect to see these posts each weekend for the rest of the month.

If you are a vegan, vegetarian, or a veg-curious type person living in the Sacramento area, please participate in this event! This is a fantastic opportunity to try some great new vegan dishes and to let these restaurants know that YES! there is a demand for vegan food in this area!

No comments:

Post a Comment