Monday, September 26, 2011

Baked Eggplant Burgers



Tonight I made the Baked Eggplant Burgers from The Tolerant Vegan. When I saw these burgers were made with hummus as a binder I was intrigued. I mean, how genius is that? But these burgers aren’t just genius. They are incredibly delicious. And they make your house smell like a Greek restaurant while they’re baking. Thank you Nikki for the amazing recipe!
I served these in Ezekiel brand pitas with hummus and a “salad” of diced tomatoes, cucumber, and red onions.
Easy tip: Make your own hummus for these! You can make it in the food processor before you start the burgers. Then just scrape out the hummus and proceed with the recipe. No need to clean your machine in between!

There was also a salad! 

 This salad has green and red leaf lettuce, sliced red onions, bulgur, chickpeas, and diced apple. It is one of my favorite combinations. If you have never tried adding a grain to a green salad, I recommend it. It adds a nice chewy texture. I like a honey mustard style dressing best with this.



No comments:

Post a Comment